This is a Notice that there will be a Special General Meeting on Wednesday 9th September 2020 at 6.00pm, (gathering from 5.30pm) at the Lismore Workers Club, Keen St Lismore, to be followed by the Annual General Meeting.
The Agenda for the Special General Meeting is as follows:
- Declaration of conflict of interest
- Proposed Motions:
That the Constitution of Sanctuary Northern Rivers is amended in accordance with the changes proposed in the document entitled “Table of proposed changes to SNR Constitution, February 2020” and as set out in the revised Constitution of Sanctuary Northern Rivers Inc.
A copy of the two documents referred to in point 4 can be downloaded here
Following the AGM in 2019, it became clear that the way ordinary Board Members and Office-bearers had previously been elected conflicted with the Constitution.
The Board is proposing to change the Constitution to make clear that:
- The election at the AGM will be solely for Members of the Board for a term of 2 years
- Office bearers will be elected at the first Board meeting following the AGM
- The term of Office Bearers will be until the following AGM
- Other amendments are to update the Constitution, correct errors and to make it consistent with the terms of the legislation
The Agenda for the AGM is as follows:
- Welcome and apologies
- Outline of meeting. Invitation for membership
- Acceptance of Minutes of the previous AGM (2019)
- President’s Report
- Receipt of Annual Financial & Auditor's Report for 2019
- Election of members to the Board of Sanctuary for 2020/21
- Other business
- Close of meeting
Following the meeting there will be a presentation and discussion surrounding the "Community Refugee Sponsorship Initiative", which is being proposed by several lead refugee resettlement NGO's. http://www.ausrefugeesponsorship.com.au/
Sanctuary invites all our supporters including members of the resettled community, to renew or apply for membership before or at the AGM. A membership form can be downloaded here. The cost is $30 per individual, or $45 per family or institution, or $15 for students or concession card holders. Payment details are on the form.
Nominations to the Board